Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Bed Head

One of my favorite (of many) projects around the house are the kids' rooms. I have so much fun trying interesting things I would never attempt in other parts of the house. The other reason I love kid rooms....they are constantly changing as much as my kids, which means I have a good excuse to change the theme at least once a year!
Now that my two oldest boys share a room...a very small room, I've had to get a little more creative! How do you fit a lot of stuff in a small space? How do you do it with little expense knowing you'll be changing it within the next two years anyway? On a budget and unable to afford the expense of space or hospital bills (previous experience with stitches and headboards) I decided painted headboards would work best. Regular metal bed frames scooted against the wall, a huge space saver, are back dropped by the illusion of green headboards.


Despite some extraordinary bed head they produce each morning, I'm happy with the way they turned out! (the boys and the headboards)
(next...curtains and wall hangings)
Want to do this yourself but not sure where to start? I'm working on a wall stencil that I hope to have available in my etsy shop soon!

12 comments:

  1. I love how creative you are!!! Your kids have always had awesome rooms!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice job. I thought they really were headboards until I read your description.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE this idea!! Did you do it free-hand? Magic!! Cute blog, so glad I found you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! I just saw this post on the Tip Junkie and had to say it's FANTASTIC! Well done! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea. A real good one. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw this on Tip Junkie as well and HAD to check it out! I LOVE this idea! My two little girls are about to share a very small room and I didn't think twin headboards would leave much room. I'm SO going to try this! Thanks for the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love these. Great idea. If I didn't have tongue and groove walls I'd go do it right now in the boys' room. Thanks for the idea. Laura

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks to you all for taking the time to leave such sweet comments!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, how clever! You did a great job with the shape and lovely greens.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Friend, this web site might be fabolous, i just like it.
    viengules lovos

    ReplyDelete