Friday, March 13, 2009

"June, I'm home!"

Warm apple pie, roast and potatoes cooking in a pot, chicken noodle soup that your mom made when you were feeling sick, or chocolate chip cookies fresh from your grandma's oven.
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh............
I may not have been born to experience the 50's, but for some reason kitchen things from that era give me this feeling. That's why I've decided to give my kitchen a blast from the past makeover!
It seems I've finally painted a piece of pottery I'm happy with! I'm not even going to be modest about it when I say I just love this new polka dot butter dish!!!
Hot, steamy rolls with butter anyone?

7 comments:

  1. The Beev's mom would be proud - isn't just wonderful to catch a glimpse of this little spot as you walk past with a basket full of dirty bibs and smelly basketball uniforms? - Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it, too!! It's so incredibly cute! You should definitely put these in your store!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Lacey gave me your blog site. I'm her mother-in-law! Yor butter dish is too cute. And I love thet you have put your siverware in the cambell soup cans! great idea!
    Say hi to Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I love the retro idea in the kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovin' it. Your soup can idea is the coolest thing ever. Totally takes andy wahrhol to an appropriate level. evocative.

    ReplyDelete